Macy's Portfolio Resource Analyst (macys.com) in San Francisco, California
* Job Overview: *
As a Resource Planning Analyst, you will be responsible for resource planning, analysis, reporting and balancing workloads for one or more of Macy’s Technology Teams across a portfolio of projects and/or operational activities. This involves ensuring that teams are allocated appropriately to capital and expense efforts and time is booked accurately. Familiarity with technology resource and project management and experience in e-Commerce business domain is desirable.
There will be collaboration with both internal clients and external technology partners. You need to be able to work coordinating resource assignments between the PMO and Engineering Managers. You will also liaise with Vendor Management, Finance as well as external contracting account managers to ensure timely processing of contractor SOWs. Perform other duties, as assigned.
Essential Functions: *
• Ensure assigned resources are fully balanced in the CA PPM tool for rolling three month period, as well as review longer term under / over allocation to signal procurement, divesture (contractors), or reallocation of resources. • Advise resource managers of unbalanced workloads and recommend alternatives to avoiding resource demand peaks and valleys. • Work with project and program managers to ensure that project forecasts are updated regularly based on latest needs and shifts in priorities. Balance project needs against operational demands to ensure appropriate balance of the workforce. • Work with assigned operational/support managers to ensure that resource demand is properly allocated in CA PPM. • Liaise with the Vendor Management and/or Tech Finance teams on behalf of the Resource Manager to facilitate the approval of SOWs. • Provide status to the Portfolio Resource Manager on a weekly basis. • Review resource metrics and exceptions such as Under/Over Allocations, Allocated vs. Actual Performance by organization, role, resource, etc. with Resource Managers bi-weekly. • Follow resource planning processes and facilitate initial and ongoing training for resource managers. • Review department processes for streamlining and automation opportunities and drive change. • Works with the PPM Support Team in resolving complex functional issues for all PPM Tools. • Monitors timesheet compliance and resolves timesheet issues as they arise. • Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
Analysis & Reporting
• Deliver bi-monthly bottoms up expense forecast. • Provide ongoing and ad hoc analytical support using charts, graphs and other reporting tools, such as JasperSoft and Excel to monitor and track: o Time reporting and timesheet compliance o Resource Allocations o Capacity vs Demand • Analyze data, identify trends and perform audits to ascertain the effectiveness of compliance and controls. • Generate monthly audit actuals emails.
• Provide training and education on CA PPM tools and processes to users as needed • Maintain accurate user guides and process documentation
- Education/Experience: *
- * • Bachelor's Degree in IT or related field. • 3-5 years of relevant experience. • Minimum 3 years business functional experience in a resource planning role, preferably using CA PPM: o Project Management principles and methodology o Resource Capacity Management o Cost and Budget Planning o Time Tracking • Experience in initiating and facilitating discussions with multiple stakeholders. • Knowledge of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies and continuous process improvement in a matrix organization. • SQL. • Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Visio. • Results-oriented and strong analytical skills including report design and development in tools such as Jaspersoft and other BI Tools.
- Communication Skills: *
- * • Outstanding English communications skills, both written and verbal. • Experience presenting to and working with senior management. • Excellent relationship management, interpersonal, conflict/ negotiation skills and attention to detail.
- Reasoning Ability: *
- * • Independent decision making, especially in situations with limited information; is innovative, flexible and adaptable.
- Other Skills: *
- * • Ability to engage, influence, and inform the organization through effective collaboration and leadership. • Ability to partner with technical and management teams. • Demonstrated customer service excellence.
Work Hours: *
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
Company Profile: *
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. With offices in New York and San Francisco, macys.com is the best of all worlds. The entrepreneurial thinking of a Web business complements the stability and support of a national brand. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for continued growth. Employees at macys.com have long term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of the Internet with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
/ / / This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with // SFPC Art. 49 // and // LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9 // . /
Primary Location: United States-California-San Francisco
Req ID: MAC09341